It’s the day after Mother’s and so we wanted to celebrate some moms. Even though we all love the battle-tested, seen-it-all moms, we thought it would be great to hear from some first-time, brand spanking new moms.
We found 3 Brides who have had babies recently, or are pregnant, from the catalog of our sister company, Zandolee Media, and asked them a few questions.
- What’s the Scariest thing about having a baby right now?
- What do you feel is the most fulfilling part of having a baby?
- And, what have you found to be the most pleasant surprise?
I’m Jane Curto- I’m a 28 year old oncology nurse from Cary, North Carolina. I went to nursing school at the University of Connecticut, where I met the love of my life, Ryan. We got engaged right after college and were married October 6th, 2018 at the Pavilion at the Angus Barn in Raleigh. We are now living in Stamford, Connecticut and are excited about expanding our family- baby boy Curto is due August 10th!
- Scariest thing about being pregnant: I think the scariest thing about being pregnant is the Covid-19 pandemic happening right now. As a nurse, I am still working full time at the hospital and each day is filled with uncertainty. My top priority is patient health and safety, but now I have a little boy on the way to think about, and that can be a tough balance sometimes.
- Most fulfilling thing about being pregnant: As cheesy as it sounds, I think the most fulfilling aspect of being pregnant is knowing I am now someone’s mom. I can’t wait to meet this little boy and watch his personality grow and develop. I am constantly wondering who he will look like, whose temper he will have (hopefully his dad’s…), or what his interests will be.
- Most surprising thing about being pregnant: I learned I was pregnant 3 months after my sister found out she was pregnant! It has been so much fun sharing this whole experience with her. She is due with her first baby boy in May. She has been a constant support system for me, answering questions for me daily and reassuring me I’m not crazy. Of course we didn’t plan to go through this at the same time, but I am certainly happy it worked out that way!
- Scariest Thing: The anticipation of the arrival of Marshal. The feeling of not knowing what was to come and how life was going to change, and knowing I/we were going to have to go through it, regardless of my/our fears and doubts.
- Most Fulfilling: Seeing how my/our family has become a unit in less than a months time. It’s amazing to look back on my fears and doubts and realize that I/we have what it takes to raise this child and be successful at it, too.
- Most Pleasant Surprise: The fact that Marshal is the most content baby I’ve ever seen. He barely cries, sleeps through the night (other than to eat) and always has a semi smile on his precious face. All the “horror stories” that we were being prepared for as new parents have yet to arrive and for that, I’m pleasantly surprised and blessed.
- Scariest Thing: I think the ‘unknowns’ of childbirth and parenting are the most scary. You can control so little and you never know what will happen. You want to do everything you can to both protect them but also prepare them to go out on their own. You can only take things one moment at a time and try your best for them.
- Most fulfilling: Watching Sawyer learn something new every day has been so fulfilling. He looks and acts a little bit older each day. He’s always so alert and absorbing everything around him. We can’t believe he already has such a unique personality and a few favorite things – like our dogs and the theme song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!
- Most Pleasant Surprise: Sawyer is such a smiley boy! He always has a huge grin on his face, ready to giggle and play. He gives us so much positive energy and we are so lucky to be his parents.
Thank you SO MUCH to these incredible brides, wives, and now mamas, for sharing your incredible journey with us!